SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jul 26 2017 04:53 PM
- Last Updated: Jul 26 2017 05:02 PM
- File Size: 1.76KB
- Views: 533
- Downloads: 0
- System: Sinclair
- Original Author(s): Andy Ford
Download JSW Keypad Trimmer
A simple Basic program to remove the Keypad data completely from the JSW game code. Load in your game code, load the 'trimmer', run it and save the game code afterwards.
Two versions are provided:
1. The basic keypad only version. This replaces the long pointless startup routine with a much shorter (32 bytes vs 10 bytes) and removes the following:
The keypad messages "Enter code at grid location etc" - 64 bytes starting 34187
The keypad reading/display routines - 156 bytes starting 34463
The keypad graphics and attributes - 255 bytes starting 39680
The codes themselves - 178 bytes starting 40448
Note this does not remove (most) of the 'garbage data' sat in the sprite editing area as its not all stritcly keypad related. For that see (2) below...
2. The slightly extended version. This does not remove any 'unused routines' , it merely expands slightly on the above as some random data is present in the sprite area, this will remove it too. See the screenshot of the before/after for this. It is not recommended to use this one on a third party game before checking said areas have not already been recycled for sprite or other data however it is recommended to use this on a standard game before editing it. To clarify this, as well as the above the following are also emptied:
Source remnant - 64 bytes starting 39936
Data remnant - 333 bytes starting 40627
Data remnant - 1152 bytes starting 42624
Other files you may be interested in ..
1 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users