SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Jul 01 2018 08:44 PM
- Last Updated: Aug 08 2018 01:34 PM
- File Size: 40.2KB
- Views: 420
- Downloads: 62
- System: Sinclair
- Original Author(s): Norman sword
Download JSW 128 VK3.Tap Version K31 Votes
jet set willy 128 rooms runs in 48k
The basic Core of this game is Matthew Smiths original code.
Which although edited still runs in the original 48K
Due to extensive compression and rewrites of the original code this version.
Runs at double the original speed
Runs with up to 16 sprites per room
Runs with up to 32 arrows per room
Has diagonal sprites
Has mid sprite bounce
Has homing sprites
Has 128 rooms
I will leave the user/player to work out what has changed.
Uses "G" key- "H" key- and the "K" and "L" key
Technical addendum :- files needed to construct the game
These files are used to generate the game file
mnjsw9.asm 15,264 lines in 423,867 bytes
manic_edit_copy.asm 342 lines in 10,576 bytes
fixed_page.asm 1,249 lines in 48,929 bytes
merged.asm 40 lines in 2,096 bytes
included data files when assembling
x0 1132 lines in 39k ; big data statements
x1 286 lines in 20k
x2 509 lines in 22k
x3 1103 lines in 41k
included binary files when assembling
650 lines in 20k
the files control.txt jsw0.tap and jsw1.tap are processed by saveab1.bas
this is 1651 lines of qbasic in 48.07k
The process's includes- read room layout, compress data -output room layout data
read sprite data and read control file, change sprite data compress and output
reconfigure the key data and output
read the room data, discard unwanted data compress and output
in essence the basic file is taking the two games and merging into a set of output files, needed to assemble
A sprite editor and a room editor, along with an assortment of checking data files
All in, around 790k of associated files and data for version "K".
Which is why old versions are discarded when I update the logic
I am currently on version "L" - which is a big change in game play
What's New in Version Version K3 (See full changelog)
- -------------- version 2 --------------
- I have shown multiple versions of this along the way to this the Final version. (any edits from now will be confined to trivial changes)
- An update to remove the unwanted ability to super-jump in every room. (3 lines of code had been ommited- due to the many assembly switches)
- And the mysterious sun icon removed... It was so mysterious it's usage was a mystery to me.
- Speeded up the sprite routine. and 1 other change.
- --------------- version 3 ---------------
- Changed to collectable one item
- Ensured all rooms have an item to collect.
- Only Entrance to Hades has no item.
- Changed one routine slightly.
Other files you may be interested in ..
3 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
IRF, Google (1)