SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: May 22 2019 11:58 PM
- Last Updated: Nov 17 2019 01:02 AM
- File Size: 100.41KB
- Views: 264
- Downloads: 4
- System: Sinclair
- Original Author(s): Matthews Smith
- Third Party Author(s): John Elliott
Download Jet Set Willy: Mono
"Jet Set Willy: Mono" is a black-and-white variant of "Jet Set Willy" created by tweaking the game engine, thanks to a path written by John Elliott.
To make the items easier to spot, John Elliott he has also written 'companion' patches called "Wobble" and "Jiggle" to make the items move right and back left by one pixel column (Wobble), or up and back down by one pixel row (Jiggle).
The patches can be downloaded from his website.
The "Jet Set Willy: Mono" files currently hosted on World of Spectrum are impossible to complete, because they suffer from the same four bugs which make the original "JSW" incompletable:
1. It is impossible to climb the Banyan Tree (and reach the items in "Conservatory Roof") because of an Earth cell which stands in the way.
2. It is impossible to collect the rightmost item in "Conservatory Roof" because of the adjacent Fire cell.
3. It is impossible to collect an invisible, unreachable item in "First Landing".
4. A faulty arrow in "The Attic" corrupts the game.
Moreover, the files hosted on WoS (and elsewhere) are only the 'basic' version of the game, without either of the companion patches.
The ZIP file of this download contains fixed, completable files of the game in TAP and TZX formats. There are six files altogether: the 'basic' version of "Jet Set Willy: Mono" with items indistinguishable from the other elements in the room, the 'Wobble' version with the items moving sideways, and the 'Jiggle' version with the items moving up and down, each in TAP and TZX formats.
The files were created using John Elliott's JSWED 2.3.7 and Claus Jahn's ZX-Blockeditor. The four official Software Projects POKEs were applied (#A4C7,0B; #DE2C,04; #E9FD,52 and #EB47,00), and the tickable options on the main screen of JSWED were used to create the 'Wobble' and 'Jiggle' variants.
I did mean to make this ZIP available for download here ever since I created an individual page of this version of the game on JSW Central back in March 2018, but it slipped my mind - I've just remembered it was one of the things I planned to do. So here it is .
Other files you may be interested in ..
- 115 Total Files
- 15 Total Categories
- 7 Total Authors
- 6,225 Total Downloads
- Bugfixed, completable version of "Still Stealin' " Latest File
- jetsetdanny Latest Submitter
0 user(s) are online (in the past 60 minutes)
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users