Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

'Don't Mind Your Head (While Walking Left)' Bug Fix for JSW

IRF

I need to check 'Under the Drive' with this patch in place - it may be impossible, not because of the code which stops Willy from jumping into a wall, but because of the additional horizontal increment when jumping (designed to allow the Wine Cellar to be completable).

EDIT: Alas, it is impossible to complete 'Under the Drive' (and therefore the game as a whole) with this patch in place!  Taking that into account, along with the fact that Willy also can't escape after collecting the item in 'Forgotten Abbey' without losing a life, and there's probably no point in creating a patch tape file to import into the game as Andy suggested.  It was only really an experimental file anyway, so no matter.  :)

Edited by IRF

Oh OK. Well it was I think well worth the experimentation.  :thumbsup: It may well be highly useful for third party built games though.

Talking of Forgotten Abbey if I recall correctly: The original release C64 version of JSW has a bug in here meaning you can't get the item or can't do it without a loss of life... Mind you (imo) the square ramps are enough to contend with :lol:

EDIT... Found it:

... item was not reachable. It is although it costs a life as you have to fall off the platform ...

Edited by Spider