Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Post #4000

jetsetdanny

"Obscure, esoteric and brain-frazzling..."

That's exactly what it is. It's good you realise it ;) .

And it's admirable in all of its previously-mentioned qualities  :) .

My message about the quirky features of Adjacent Ropes should seem like a doddle to get through in comparison...

In the Manic Miner corruption, I didn't even go into the detail of which of Willy's sprite's graphic bytes, when OR'ed with each other, gave rise to the values that ended up written as attributes (although I think I've figured that out too!)  EDIT: Although I have done that now..

Edited by IRF

• 3 months later...

It sure is, just like here  :D .

A decadal milestone of sorts has been reached today - it is exactly ten years since Andrew Broad's Yahoo! Group reached its last millenial milestone: Post number 6000 was submitted on 21st December 2006.  (See the link in the quote above.)

Prior to that point, during the earlier history of the Yahoo! Group, such milestones were reached approximately once per year on average.  So things seem to have slowed down considerably since that date.

Now, I've tried my best over the past few months to push the Yahoo! Group towards the next target of Post number 7000, in the approach to today's anniversary.  But alas, it's still about 18 posts short of that magic number...

If you post 1.8 posts per day (on average) over there, you could push it past the 7000 messages milestone before the end of the year ;) .

Or perhaps you might have something to say over there in response to some of my recent posts?

You might be particularly interested in a brand new quirky challenge that I think I've come up with..

Edited by IRF