• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:01 AM

These screenshots are from the Micro (12 room) JSW game that accompanied Andy's 'loader builder' guide.  I thought they deserved a bit of an airing, since we did something a bit different with The Banyan Tree pair of screens (progress further up and beyond to Under the Roof was forbidden!)

It provides a nice little puzzle (Willy has to go 'up and over' to collect the upper Banyan Tree item), it allows the Bit of Tree Bird guardian to have a wider flight path, and it means that the Blue 'Water' cells are restricted to the tree's root system, which seems more logical than the classic screen arrangement!

Attached Thumbnails

• 12 Room The Banyan Tree.png
  • 12 Room A Bit of Tree.png

Edited by IRF, 08 June 2016 - 12:05 AM.

#2 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

I should add that the leafy platforms on the far left-hand side of A Bit of Tree are just for aesthetic purposes, to give the top of the tree a nice shape, but are Forbidden Holy Ground - Willy can't jump onto them without falling a fatal distance.  Thus Willy cannot exit leftwards from that screen (or indeed from Banyan Tree, because of the Fire cell 'steps').

Edited by IRF, 08 June 2016 - 11:17 AM.

#3 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:58 AM

I agree its nice to give it a bit of an 'airing' as such. :)

The original 'builder' did not have a game at all, it was merely an almost empty tape file with just a small bit of assembly to print a message.

• IRF likes this
Changing order to chaos since 1984

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users