Took a look at this. The jumping routine is slightly different in that keypresses for jump do not always take priority over left/right. To explain if you press left or right and jump at the same time you tend to move not jump and move. Easily got around however with a slight change to technique.
The top 1/3rd of the screen appears in different colours sometimes, I suspect is an emulator issue but I'm not 100% sure.
Apart from some kind of highscore table, the following differences were noticed, there may be more:
- Safe start as per JSW2 (expected as the same people wrote the Spectrum version of this) so infinite death is reduced, not impossible just not as easy
- The time counter is in a different format
A 'rooms visited' has been added
- There's no arrow in The Orangery
There's no item hidden or otherwise in the First Landing
- The 'lives' sprite also changes when you're in The Nightmare Room
- The object on The Beach correctly counts for one item
- The Banyan Tree has an appropriate air cell to ease climing
- The fire cells in The Conservatory Roof are sensibly placed
- There is no item in The Swimming Pool room
- The Dr Jones top exit 'bug' (I'd consider it a bug) remains as the top exit is still defined as Quirkafleeg, no infinite death however.
- Rescue Esmerelda still has the openings top / bottom. Top this time takes you to The Off licence however. Lower exit takes you to the Emergency Generator
- Jumping from the top of The Watch Tower also just takes you to The Off Licence.
- Infinite death is possible if you fall through The Security Guard as the lower exit is defined as the same screen.
On with the screenshots: