Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

JSW As Manufacturer (probably) intended .. kind of...

Metalmickey

Looks good!

Regarding moving Esmerelda, that shouldn't pose any problems in this specific case, as it's the only instance of a guardian of the same class in the game.  :)

However, in general, if you're changing the parameters of guardians then you have to be careful as it can affect other guardians of the same class elsewhere within the mansion.  :ph34r:

So would that mean that if i was to, for example (not that i'm about to) shorten the length of travel of the saw in Banyan Tree would that mean that it would also change another one elsewhere in the same way? or would it change them all?

So would that mean that if i was to, for example (not that i'm about to) shorten the length of travel of the saw in Banyan Tree would that mean that it would also change another one elsewhere in the same way? or would it change them all?

Only if its sharing the same class. The way I see it is "instance" is just where they are used and "class" is the same but used multiple times. For instance the barrel is shared.

If you change the saw it will change it in Out on a Limb as well in this case.

I don't have a specific list although I can make one for you if you wanted, the dissasembly is OK but you have to look at it to see it (if that makes sense) whereas when 'designing' I work from a list.

In addition to this, i also managed to figure out that if you attempt to relocate the items in one room it seems to have an affect on other items in other rooms, i moved the 2 items down a row in Rescue Esmerelda and this had the effect of 'burying' the newly created item that was relocated to the Hall ... all the more reason, i guess, for keeping the editing minimal (note to self: don't move the items!)

Looks good!

Regarding moving Esmerelda, that shouldn't pose any problems in this specific case, as it's the only instance of a guardian of the same class in the game.  :)

However, in general, if you're changing the parameters of guardians then you have to be careful as it can affect other guardians of the same class elsewhere within the mansion.  :ph34r:

I see what you mean now, i think the additional rooms are going to look a little different than i had planned .. though i am going to experiment with the unused 'Macaroni Ted' guardian .. what's the worst that can happen?? :P  

In addition to this, i also managed to figure out that if you attempt to relocate the items in one room it seems to have an affect on other items in other rooms, i moved the 2 items down a row in Rescue Esmerelda and this had the effect of 'burying' the newly created item that was relocated to the Hall ... all the more reason, i guess, for keeping the editing minimal (note to self: don't move the items!)

I'm not sure why that happened?  You should be able to move items around safely enough.  All that changes is the order in which they are arranged in the game code.  (Which can change the colour in which they are displayed, during a given moment in time, but that's barely discernible.)

Moving items should not effect anything else as they have their own co-ordinates (well, kind of)

One thing to watch is make sure you've not got a guardian selected as its quite easy to accidentally move its position (vertical ones especially) ... I tend to click on 'air' then on whatever object I want to do (earth / item etc) to be sure. :)

I'm not sure why that happened?  You should be able to move items around safely enough.  All that changes is the order in which they are arranged in the game code.  (Which can change the colour in which they are displayed, during a given moment in time, but that's barely discernible.)

My theory is that adjusting the item location seems to affect all items in that location or at least at that particular x location on that particular row .. i could be wrong though