Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

[File] JSW+ Ve22 rv1

Thanks, that's fantastic!  :D

Chronology generally does not mention any dates of when work began on projects, only the beta and gamma releases (plus other stuff, like dates when RZX recordings or maps were published, etc.). However, I will make an exception for "JSWII+", this being a special case, a historical game, 31 years later, etc., and I will include the date when the original listing was scanned :) .

I will seek more information on chronology/development. (this may take some time)

Sure, take your time, I will update Chronology whenever pertinent data is available :) .

There is no need to kill Willy in any other place. The exit from "water supply" does not need a suicide jump.  The rope that permits exit, cycles and after a short wait will re-appear.

In view of this information, I have re-recorded a portion of my RZX walkthrough showing the completion of the game with all items collected. As a result, I have completed the game with 16 spares lives left (previously 15) at 1:15:50 in-game time (previously 1:16:30).

The ZIP with a set of walkthroughs of Ver. +e.22 hosted on RZX Archive has been kindly updated by Daren and can be downloaded from there. The Readme file within the ZIP has also been updated, concerning the walkthrough in question and some other details.

• 4 years later...

The short notes that accompany jsw2+ was never really updated, for the subsequent updates. Those note are in essence mostly what the first and original version of JSW2+ did.

In those notes it talks about a short maze. That maze is NOT seen in any of the updates writen after the test version.

What the maze did was present the player with what appeared to be very similar rooms. Those rooms were interlinked in a complex cross cross logic and unfortunately the logic was complicated enough that the people testing the routine, could not work out how to escape the maze.

I have played the maze and when told the sequence needed to escape from it. Using the specified logic, it was a simple enough thing to repeat and escape. However it was concluded that the logic, whilst it never changed - Was not in keeping with the simplicity the rest of the game exhibits when moving around.

The Maze rooms were moved and placed in a linear fashion as Glitch in holodeck x.  The complex room logic removed and since it was plugging the hole that escaped the NCC1501 (via a death contact). The multitude of objects were added to compensate for the loss of life.

So the Maze does not exist in the final version.

Addendum.

The maze was originally between top landing and first landing. 

Edited by Norman Sword
Tidying text.

A walkthrough of "Jet Set Willy 2+" by DigitalDuck, with a joint commentary by himself and RuffledBricks, can be watched here

I believe it would be very interesting for Derrick Rowson to listen to this commentary (and for anyone else interested in this version). Please let him know about it if you know where to find him 😉.