Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

[File] Manic Miner Amiga

Spider

Manic Miner Amiga

Manic Miner for the Commodore Amiga

The submission contains two variants as they tend to work on different hardware configurations.

They are both (unfortunately) not quite untouched original versions however the 'trainers' can be ignored if required. The 'Mayhem' variant seems slightly more compatible with differing hardware configurations.

I recommend the following initial configuration on an emulator for best results: OCS or ECS (Full) chipset , 512KB Chip Ram , 512KB Slow Ram , 0 Z2 Fast Ram , Extra chipset either 'Generic' or 'A500'

• 6 years later...

Interestingly, there was a 1990 Amiga release of Manic Miner by Software Projects. This also included a conversion of the original Manic Miner (mentioned above) and also Manic Miner II, which was much enhanced.

ADF file is attached. Below is a long-play video of both versions...

Manic Miner (1990)(Software Projects)[cr Subway][t +4 Subway].adf

Ah the enhanced one. The "look like a Speccy" one is here:

https://jswmm.co.uk/files/file/56-manic-miner-amiga/

Complete with potentially graphical issues, I never looked to see if it was a chipset issue or something else.

EDIT... I could not start your file, the 'trainer' screen I could not get past the 'start' option to load the game, despite trying a few combinations including swapping keyboard/stick and J ports (END+J) , the mouse does work left/right for the options just can't find a key to 'start'

I may need to update UAE as its quite old (!) version I have still. 🙂

I'm running WinUAE 4.10.1, with a Quickstart A500 config.

Once booted, select "Start Game" on the Subway screen, by just moving the mouse up and down to hi-light it, then left clicking. After that you are presented with the "Please Select" screen, select either Manic Miner, Manic Miner II, or Credits. You can select these by using 8 (for up), and 2 (for down) on the numeric keypad, then 0 to select.

I did not see any graphical issues in this version. During the game, using numeric keypad, 4 is left, 6 is right, and 0 is jump.

Below are my Game ports settings... (this may already be set as default)

winuae_gameports.thumb.png.5995979950ed89f36b7248f67272f428.png

Thanks.

The issue I had (I did not fully describe it sorry was in a hurry) , the Subway intro loader page does appear and I can alter the options values with the mouse buttons, however upon having the "Start Game" option zigzag no mouse button or keyboard key seems to work for it, I even changed the settings around.

I do note I'm on 3.0.2 which does not help. I only yesterday realise I could press F12 to get at a few options too. I had a couple of saved configs for other games.

Will upgrade and try again afresh. 🙂