Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Willy's Great Adventure

SedricAndCharlie

My immediate suspicion would be that's it's a Z80 file but NOT of the Spectrum type, but I don't know enough about non-Spectrum files to know if there is such a thing.

I would suggest trying to have a look at the file in another emulator (e.g. ZX Spin or Spectaculator), or JSWED (including the Hex Editor if it wouldn't load as a proper JSW game but would show meaningful code in the editor) or ZX-Blockeditor. In fact, I would be happy to try it myself if you wanted to share the file in a PM or e-mail message.

I've tried opening the file that eighteentee sent me in Spectaculator and Spin (won't work), as well as in JSWED (sees mostly zeros in the Hex Editor apart from some code at the beginning, which doesn't look familiar) and in ZX-Blockeditor (won't open it, gives an error message). 

I've downloaded a program called Free File Viewer and opened it in it. It shows content, but I can't make any sense of it, I don't see anything that resembles code known from JSW  :unsure: .
Edited by jetsetdanny

I'm happy to take a look at this too if you want, although I have suspicions it is not going to be a .z80 snapshot in a form we are used to dealing with. It seems unlikely but it is possible it may not be .z80 at all and is 'translated on the fly' too, ARM assembly code for instance. I have not looked at Android devices to be able to determine this.