This is quite a remarkable achievement in my opinion, rewriting JSW to fit into a 16K machine. Its written by Jonathan Cauldwell who also wrote Arcade Game and Platform Game designers amongst many other things.
Naturally there are some limitations in doing this. I noted the following
- There is no sound with the exception of a noise on a loss of life.
- Sprites are mostly white
- The mansion is cut down, in particular there is nothing past the Tool Shed (ie: beach etc), no MegaTree and no 'top level ie 'On The Roof' etc.
- There's no 'boot' Game Over screen
- There is no ending as such, the game just ends.
- Most rooms have less sprites than the original
- There are no ropes
- There are no conveyors
- I counted 37 screens although I may of missed one or two.
Onwards with some in game screenshots: