Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Vic20 Version - Perils

Spider

Thanks for letting us know, about it, Norman Sword!  :thumbsup:

I have completed the game and recorded an RZX walkthrough of it. I have just sent it off to Daren of the RZX Archive.

I have to say it was a real pleasure to play this game - the game mechanics are excellent, just like in MM or JSW (only the jumps with the ceiling right above are different), the tempo is fast, and the graphics - although not extremely sophisticated, perhaps - are pleasing to the eye.

And the difficulty level is just fine - the game is not too difficult (when playing using Rollback), but it's not so easy as to be boring.

All in all, a great addition to the world of Willy for the ZX Spectrum - huge congratulations to Allan "Highriser" on creating this fine conversion!  :thumbsup:

Edited by jetsetdanny

My thanks too. :)

Does mean I can cross this off my (very eventual) list of projects too, although I'd planned on using a different tool to build it with.

Will await to view your .rzx Danny :) Sure it will appear over the next day or so.

EDIT... Said .rzx is already available!

Edited by Spider

I have (sorry) a starting lives poke and another erm 'helpful' poke as well as a hint, but I think its probably too early to post such things in public. :)

EDIT... On reflection on the hint, in the SP variant of Manic Miner the code that starts at 34954 / #888A is present in Perils but not that that location however that should be enough of a clue. I picked the SP over the BB version to not make it too easy, well sort of.

Stuck ? Look at the BB version instead then at 34948 :)

Edited by Spider

I have (sorry) a starting lives poke and another erm 'helpful' poke as well as a hint, but I think its probably too early to post such things in public. :)

Why too early? What's holding you back?

I am sure The Tipshop would appreciate it. Back in the old Spectrum days (the 1980s) POKEs for games were printed in the magazines all the time. Why this restraint now, when internet makes info travel so much faster than in the old days?

You know, I'm not sure its quite 100% as there is a congrats message in the code: :unsure:

44408 / #AD78 onwards: , previous to that is the title scrolly:

CONGRATULATIONS!   YOU FINALLY MADE IT HOME TO THE MANSION. LET'S PARTY AT HOME NEXT TIME. I'M SURE MARIA WON'T MIND CLEARING UP THE MESS...

But the .rzx does not show this, it loops around to the beginning and I note no cheats were enabled.