Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

[File] Jet Set Mini

IRF

I guess what I'm asking is that if you do record an efficient recording, then please let us know as I'd like to have a go at beating your timing before you submit to RZX Archive.  So it wouldn't cause too much of a delay between your making the recording and your submitting it (I'd just need to find the time to sit down and have a go at an efficient walkthrough myself).

I think this is one of the few occasions where I might have a snowball's chance in hell of beating your completion time (but only because of 'insider knowledge'!)

Edited by IRF

Well, let's see.

If I were to work on making an efficient RZX recording of "Mini" at this time, I would be doing it with the intention of submitting it to the RZX Archive, not just for the fun of it. My action would be result-oriented, and the desired result would be to have the recording hosted on the Archive.

I wouldn't do it if you asked me not to submit it to the Archive yet, the release being too recent (less than a year ago).

However, if I make the recording and let you know the completion time and you beat it (making a recording of your own), then it won't make sense to submit my recording to the RZX Archive any more, but rather yours. And I take it as a very serious possibility that you will beat my time :) .

So, from this perspective, it doesn't make sense for me to make the recording now  :o .

Which is OK, I have plenty of other JSW-things to do, updating and expanding JSW Central being my top priority at the moment :).

• 8 months later...

I've added the introductory 'back-story' to the first post of this release topic (and to the download page).  New game file (the Special Edition of the game, with enhanced Title Screen music) to be uploaded this Friday...

http://jswmm.co.uk/topic/356-file-jet-set-mini/?do=findComment&comment=6775

Edited by IRF

• 3 weeks later...

Over on the World of Spectrum forum, 'Pgyuri' has just reported having completed Jet Set Mini!  I've replied to some of his comments (as best I can given that there's a bit of a 'language barrier' :lol: )

https://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/discussion/54931/a-jet-set-willy-double-bill

Edited by IRF

• 1 month later...

I was just perusing through the screenshots for 'Jet Set Mini' over on jswcentral.org (I was wondering how many of them might need updating at some point, to take account of the minor layout changes in the SE of the game - I think it's only four rooms that are affected ['The Mansion Security Guard', 'Back Door', 'Pool Party' and 'I'm not sure anyone believes it?' AKA Dr Jones], and the changes are so minor that I wouldn't consider it a priority - assuming that Danny would even be minded to update them in the first place?).

Anyway, the main thing that I wanted to bring up is this - I noticed that in one of Danny's screenshots for the game, there is something unusual on display (a deliberate feature) that no-one has noticed yet (or at least, no-one has commented on so far)... See if you can spot it:
https://jswcentral.org/jsw48-a-48_mini.html

Edited by IRF