• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

Well you could title it "Wrong way" or "Face the wall" , both seem suitable.

In Ore Refinery, Skylab Landing Bay and The Warehouse Miner Willy is facing the wrong way upon entry to the cavern, specifically in the first two he is facing right when he should be facing left and in the latter he's facing left when he should be facing right. Take a look at the these caverns as they are presented initially:

ore_refinery.png.png skylabs.png warehouse.png

Confused ? Read on.

The fix is quite simple for this. It is the same for the Bug-Byte and Software Projects versions as well as the M.A.D and VentaMatic Re-releases (as these last two are based on the Software Projects version anyway)

Ore Refinery: POKE 57962 , 1  (#E26A , #01) The original value here was 00 (right) . Willy now faces left. (01)

Skylabs: POKE 58986 , 1 (#E66A , #01) Again, the original value here was 00 (right) . Willy now faces left. (01)

Warehouse: POKE 62058 , 0  (#F26A , #00) The original value here was 01 (left) . Willy now faces right. (00)

Now lets take a look at the 'fixed screenshots' of said caverns:

ore_refinery_fixed.png skylabs_fixed.png warehouse_fixed.png

That looks much more as though it was intended. :) The value could be changed a bit to alter the animation frame too, but at least he is now initially facing the correct way...

Changing order to chaos since 1984

#2 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

Well spotted!

I would add:

#E269, #03
#E669, #03
#F269, #00

to sort out the animation frames.

#3 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:44 PM

Thanks. :)

I'd agree your changes are a bit more suitable to fix the frame too. I did it in my head to start with figuring that it was simply a case of 01=left and 00=right and nothing more to do (until I saw it) but I'd already (call my lazy if you like!) started doing the pics by then.

I'd consider it a bug personally though somehow as I can't see any logical reason for him to be facing the wrong way in just those three caverns, its not as though there's anything in his immediate path on those either (such as for instance Kong Beast or Eugene) where you need to move asap...

#4 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:31 AM

, its not as though there's anything in his immediate path on those either (such as for instance Kong Beast or Eugene) where you need to move asap...

On that note, try POKE #CE6A, #02 and POKE #CE6B, #01 and then enter 'Miner Willy meets the Kong Beast'. I haven't tried it out yet, so it will either give the player a helping hand or lead them to infinite death...

#5 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:24 PM

I see what you did there, on the version I had to hand it caused an IDS. Its a good thought though.

• IRF likes this

#6 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 3,268 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

So 'ASAP' is actually a bit too soon in the circumstances then!

#7 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

So 'ASAP' is actually a bit too soon in the circumstances then!

Yes :)

• IRF likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, manicminer, spectrum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users