• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 Metalmickey

Metalmickey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:12 PM

I do recall reading an article in CRASH! magazine way back then, it did indeed mention about the 10 minute wait bug and i did attempt to try it out so i left Daley waiting just before the finish line and went off to so something else, unfortunately my mother thought i had just got bored with the computer and reclaimed use of the TV for the rest of the day ....  :(

It wasn't until i rediscovered ol' rubberkeys a few years back when i decided to have another go at it but the version i had has a seconds counter that runs up to 500 seconds and then Daley then gets a foul .. maybe i'll have a look on WOS later

#12 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

:) I remember said article as well.

Try the original releases only, the small and large case ones (Speedlock1)

I seem to remember there's a high jump bug as well, the discuss one mentioned in TipShop I was never able to reproduce myself though.

Changing order to chaos since 1984

#13 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Happiest Days Of Your Life. This is very similar in playing to the Wally Week series of games in that you have left/right/jump/enter and collect / drop two objects as required to complete puzzles.

Anyway there's an 'object' as seen in the following two screenshots, once on the floor and once when carried:

happy.png

#14 jetsetdanny

jetsetdanny

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

A great find! :)

#15 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

A great find! :)

An accidental find too. I'm (on and off) searching for games that almost exactly have this 'engine' or 'design' in that you have:

Left / Right / Enter / Leave controls as well as either collecting / swapping objects by pressing a key or walking over them, the same as the Wally Week** series. Despite my efforts I'm not really able to find any others at the moment.

I'm excluding 'near' things like Jack The Nipper etc as you have 'depth' in that and up/down as well which does not count.

** Excluding Automania which is a two-screen affair.

#16 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

Super Crap Invaders.

The 'spaceship' (if you like) is Willy. You have controls for left/right/jump and fire. Jumping is needed to avoid arrows (kind of) that move from left to right.

sci.gif

Its quite a fun game all in all and for those who like "invader" type clones its an interesting twist on a regular theme.

#17 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:38 AM

"Lost!"

Simple platform game. Apart from the change of erm 'hat' the rest of the sprite...

lost.png

Edited by Spider, 17 July 2018 - 11:41 AM.

#18 JohnElliott

JohnElliott

• Contributor
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:57 AM

I've added these examples to the Trivia page for JSW on TV Tropes.

#19 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 10:47 AM

I've added these examples to the Trivia page for JSW on TV Tropes.

Thanks John :)

#20 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:46 AM

Thinking about this it is very likely more even just on the ZX platform, never mind the others!

I've not gone out of my way to find any though (well not that much) but if I do happen to notice any more I shall post them up here for reference.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: other, games, alternative, featuring, jsw, miner willy, platform

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users