Posted elsewhere on this forum, just moving into the download category as well.
This version of Manic Miner contains both the Software projects version of the game alongside the Bug byte version.
Each time the game is played it will swap versions.
I have edited and revised a lot of the routines. The game should play the same way as the original game. A lot of the changes would need you to be aware of the originals exact format to enable comparisons.
Cheat is enabled (bug-byte password)
differences that I can remember
1) demo cycle stops and redisplayed the title screen and replays the title music
2) added a credits screen
3) added explosions on credit screen
4) added intermission screen
5) change scroll to pixel scroll and not character scroll
6) will moves with a sprite mask
7) explosion on death
8) willies death stump scrolls onto the screen
9) score scrolls to high score
10) reason given for demise
11) sound effects on solar ray
12) collection sound
13) cheat modes rebuild platforms
14) cheat mode immunity
15) cheat mode move by a single key, and not multi combinations of keys
16) cheat mode plays with all sprites active
17) game swaps between two versions- Bug Byte and software Projects
18) other sound effects
19) less sprite flicker
20) game runs faster
21) multiple icon displays
22) bar graph on title screen
23) Animated version icon on title screen
24) keyboard layout on title screen fixed
24a) title screen. missing pixel on car replaced
25) new screen scrolls
26) easter egg on Credit screen
27) easter egg on Pause
28) skylab landing sound effect
29) skylab does not colour in platforms
standard movement keys e.g. "q" to "p" for left to right
"z" to "m" jump"
"a" to "g" pause
"h to "enter" music on/off
The "1" key changes the method of movement.
In cheat mode. the boot will still be displayed
various icons are active and indicate options selected
The "9" key rebuilds platforms
the "3" key activates platform rebuild option (tool kit)
the "4" key activates immortality (medical kit)
The "9" key held plus Tapping "1" will move to a previous screen. If on room 1 then it will go to room 20
The "9" key held plus tapping "2" will move to the next screen. If on room 20 then it will go to room 1
Bug byte cheat is 6031769
Icons displayed are from right to left
Edited by Norman Sword, 29 December 2017 - 12:57 AM.