Finding a Jet Swt Willy game using a room name

11 replies to this topic

#11 jetsetdanny

jetsetdanny

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:26 PM

My idea for a future complete list of JSW room names is the following: if a tool (such as JSWED) allowed to dump the names of the rooms into, say a text file, with one click, I would go game by game, loading them into that tool and dumping the room names. Then I would merge all the text files into one huge text file and I would save it in MS Word format, where I would make necessary corrections and additions. The end result would be a working MS Office file for me (to easily add future updates) and a PDF file for publication, the same way Chronology is done.

Anyway, that's something for the future...

Edited by jetsetdanny, 19 August 2018 - 10:27 PM.

#12 Spider

Spider

XOR (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:45 AM

A long time ago now I wrote that crude bit of Basic to display each room name from a standard 48K JSW game, I recall Richard (SkoolKid) mentioning at that time that SkoolKit could be used to do something similar.

Reason for mentioning this again now is with your idea above I wonder if its theoretically possible to use SkoolKit to read multiple .sna's or suchlike and then compile the room names into a sensible format even if they were all just output as a text file it would then not take long to tweak said file to make it into what was needed, maybe. :unsure: :)

If it won't accept concat input for multi games then a simple batch file could be used to simplify it I suspect.

Changing order to chaos since 1984

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users