Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Jsw Disassembly

Dumb Waiter

For anybody interested in the inner workings of the code to jsw or has an interest in assembly this may useful. Wos member 'skoolkid' has dissembled the code and posted the link. I have had a quick look and it is of great interest to me but I have little time to analyze it at the moment. The link is here - http://pyskool.ca/disassemblies/jet_set_willy/

BBC Version disassembled at http://mdfs.net/JSW/BBC

Jonathan, can you shed any light on the JSW2 variations please ? :)

I've always just assumed (as in my mind it kind of made some logical sense) that the 'cut down' one was originally a 'tape only' offering and the 'extended' one that loads sections from floppy as you progress was the 'floppy only' version.

The latter seems to mirror the Amstrad / Spectrum versions whereas the 'tape' version has very few JSW rooms and seems to mainly concentrate on squeezing the 'outer space' rooms in.

I note from your site you call it the extended version. As far as I'm aware there was no immunity cheat for the extended version although I do have a hastily cobbled 'immunity' .ssd for this somewhere on one external hdd. Useful for easy mapping.

EDIT... The JSW maps are currently broken, server migration ?