9 replies to this topic

#1 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Topic on World Of Spectrum:

As part of the 35th anniversary of Jet Set Willy event at this year’s Play Expo in Manchester on Saturday May 4th, there will be an audience vote to decide their favourite mod of the game. Paolo, the director of the film Willy: 48k About a Legend which will be screened on the day has shortlisted the following 5. As this forum is full of informed JSW gamers, plenty of whom will hopefully be at the event, I wanted to put this up here so maybe you can be having a think. Cheers. Please share as you see fit!

https://www.worldofs...-set-willy-mod/
  • IRF likes this
Changing order to chaos since 1984

#2 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 10:44 PM

I see that 'Maria vs Some Bastards' has been nominated for the 'Favourite JSW Mod' award.  Hopefully it will be looked upon even more favourably now that it's completable!  ;)

#3 jetsetdanny

jetsetdanny

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:03 PM

I am not necessarily in favour of "Maria vs. Some Bastards" winning the compo (I'm not strongly opposed to it either), but if it did, it would certainly put the game in the limelight for a few days, which in turn should give some free advertisement to the 2019 Bug-Fixed Version :). Provided the info about the existence of this version reaches the wider audience...

#4 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:23 PM

I am not necessarily in favour of "Maria vs. Some Bastards" winning the compo (I'm not strongly opposed to it either), but if it did, it would certainly put the game in the limelight for a few days, which in turn should give some free advertisement to the 2019 Bug-Fixed Version :). Provided the info about the existence of this version reaches the wider audience...

I suppose if the non-completable version was to win, without the completable version being widely known about, then it might ultimately lead to a certain amount of dissatisfaction in the result.

#5 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:40 PM

Both highly valid points. :)

#6 jetsetdanny

jetsetdanny

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:58 AM

I suppose if the non-completable version was to win, without the completable version being widely known about, then it might ultimately lead to a certain amount of dissatisfaction in the result.

Dissatisfaction on whose part?

If you mean us, definitely.

If you mean the wider audience - in the sense of a game winning which has a serious flaw of being incompletable - I am not sure, given that the original JSW was (initially) incompletable, and yet we all consider it such a great game  :lol: .

#7 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:02 AM

Well that's true! In that sense, it continues a fine tradition!

#8 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:04 AM

In any case, I feel sure that Danny will help to publicise the release of the bug-fixed version of the game at the Expo in Manchester this weekend...  :)

#9 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 3,960 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 07:15 AM

In any case, I feel sure that Danny will help to publicise the release of the bug-fixed version of the game at the Expo in Manchester this weekend...  :)

I think so too. :)

Spoiler

#10 jetsetdanny

jetsetdanny

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 04:52 AM

I will try to publicise it before boarding the plane, by some messages I am going to post :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users