Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Doing our bit for the environment

Spider

Thanks for this info, Andy! :)

I have to state for the record, though, that I don't believe that Anthropogenic Global Warning has been proven scientifically, that an increase in the levels of carbon dioxide is so bad and that all renewable sources of energy are good and the right solution for the future.

I believe that an official narrative regarding climate change has been enforced worldwide almost like a totalitarian doctrine or religious dogma. This climate (pun intended) does not allow for real, objective, scientific analysis and discussion of the problem any more. Instead of such a discussion, "solutions" are imposed which are partly a huge scam.

A recent quote about the solar power generation* I particularly like (the source - you would have to scroll way down to see it, I don't think it's possible to link to individual comments over there):

We need to end government subsidies and mandates for a technology that has no use in large scale energy production. We need real solutions, not a bag full of phony solutions that waste money and lower our standard of living. California and other states are now demanding that new homes have solar panels on their roofs. This will drive up the cost of housing and create even more homeless people. Solar panels often wear out quickly, are horribly energy inefficient, and it is likely that most solar panel installations will NEVER produce more energy than was required to manufacture them in China with coal fired power plants. The chemicals required to produce solar panels are highly toxic. The big problem is that incurably inefficient and unreliable "renewable" but not sustainable energy systems have become a fad and part of a new age religion that worships windmills and tells us we will all burn in the hell of global warming unless we do what Al Gore and Leonardo DiCaprio say. We need a revolution against this new religious hierarchy and a return to honest science that demands critical thinking and a continuous dialogue of ideas, not a monologue of hysteria used for partisan political gain.

I just needed to say that, because I am dismayed at how far climate alarmists have managed to sway public opinion. Apparently, in a recent poll in my country 71% of respondents pointed to climate change as the biggest threat they see. I am sorry to say this shows there is something seriously wrong with them. It is understandable that people may be afraid of illness - it can touch anyone and there are kinds we still can't cure. They may be afraid of poverty or of economic crises which will affect the quality of their lives. They may be afraid of armed conflicts, or uncontrolled floods of migration bringing crime and other problems. But climate change - in a relatively cold country where a temperature increase of a few degrees Centigrade would be a blessing? It's just crazy  :o

* This is seemingly off-topic, but not quite - that's a Manic Miner reference  :P .

Edited by jetsetdanny