Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

"Jet Set Jason: In Roddënwald"

Korzy_iz_Adb

Okay, I've collected 117 items and I am stuck in a cluster of room which begins with "When Reality Fails" (or something like that) and the rooms which followed after teleportation. There's one of them I cannot progress across through - it's like a forest screen, can't remember the name right now, and I don't see how to get back to the initial part of the playing field.

I will probably start another playtest to see the rooms I haven't reached yet, unless you give me a clue as to how to progress here.

Edited by jetsetdanny

Yes, "All there is here is a lot of debris"... is the second room of the cluster I'm taking about (the first one being the "When Reality Fails", or whatever the name is).

The forest screen I mentioned is the one to the left of "All there is here is a lot of debris". It is - at least in the previous version you uploaded, which I have been playtesting - impossible to cross it from right to left AFAICT.

Thank you for the new file. I guess I will have to restart the test, so I will use it for the new test. However, I will not revisit the rooms I have already visited (as much as possible), so this second recording will show my going through the rooms I haven't been to in my first recording. In other words, if something related to "All there is here is a lot of debris" has been improved in the new file you've uploaded today, it won't matter for my continued playtesting.

To which I am looking forward when time permits :)

Edited by jetsetdanny

Ok, I have changed the problem with the room to the left of "All there is here is a lot of debris" (It's called "A bunch of trees - Another wall", btw).
Now it can be crossed from right to left, so you can return to Roddënwald after going to the wall in "Nothing here but debris".

I am curious... what do you think about the guardians in "Nothing here but debris"? Can you identify the inspiration I used for them?

Roddenwald0-3.z80

I am curious... what do you think about the guardians in "All there is here is a lot of debris"? Can you identify the inspiration I used for them?

"Ape-Men with Metal Parts" room 07 from Andrew Broad's "Ma jolie"?

I have finished a second, much shorter playtest of R. I will upload the recordings after I've been able to write comments about them 

"Ape-Men with Metal Parts" room 07 from Andrew Broad's "Ma jolie"?

I have finished a second, much shorter playtest of R. I will upload the recordings after I've been able to write comments about them  B) .

No. No for a very looong shot. I didn't even know that screen when I designed the guardians in "Nothing here but debris".

Hint: they are based on real-world phenomena. Maybe it's too difficult...

Look at them closely; what are they?

Edited by Korzy_iz_Adb

No. No for a very looong shot. I didn't even know that screen when I designed the guardians in "Nothing here but debris".

Hint: they are based on real-world phenomena. Maybe it's too difficult...

Look at them closely; what are they?
Hope you feel better soon Fabian.

But on a related note, and in response to the above quote, I haven't seen the guardians in question yet but I'm going to take a wild guess that the "real-world phenomenon" they are based on is the Coronavirus?