Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

A relic from the depths of the Internet: A review of "A Bulgarian Requiem"

Korzy_iz_Adb

Criticism by people who don't understand our passion, along the lines of "these games are all the same", is frequent and, unfortunately, to be expected. And not to be taken too seriously, from my point of view.

I would just note that while it's really unjust in case of new games which are very different from the original JSW / MM (sharing with the original only the game engine and the general idea of collecting items and avoiding guardians / reaching the portal before time runs out), it might be considered more justified in case of releases which are just limited modifications of the original JSW or MM. That's one of the reasons (not the main one, by any means) why I always advocate going beyond just modifying the original games and creating something new :).

One of the great things about JSW is that you don't have to violence anything.

Indeed; however, after reading this comment I thought what interesting possibilities would open if Willy could shoot the guardians and they would return in a matter of X seconds.

Just imagine the possibilities; you can kill them, but they keep coming back...

I have zero knowledge of programming, but this could be great...

One of Norman Sword's working files, posted here on this forum, gives Willy a Licence to Kill...

It's here:

http://jswmm.co.uk/topic/518-file-jsw128vm/

Once you're on the title screen, if you press 'O' then you get an options screen which allows you to change a LOT of things about the game - the ability for Willy to shoot a gun or a bow&arrow is just one of many new features...