Willy versus the Coronavirus

15 replies to this topic

#11 andrewbroad

andrewbroad

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 11:56 PM

If the Coronavirus keeps on wiping out tennis tournaments, I might actually have some time for Jet Set Willy later this year!

It is looking that much more likely now that Wimbledon and the entire grass-court season have been cancelled. :(

Edited by andrewbroad, 01 April 2020 - 11:56 PM.

Dr Andrew Broad

#12 jetsetdanny

jetsetdanny

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 02:24 AM

It is sad to know that JSW continues to be second to tennis in your heart and spare time, Andrew  :( .

And good to know it might profit from this otherwise depressing situation  :lol: .

#13 andrewbroad

andrewbroad

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 10:28 PM

My local Co-op is getting increasingly bizarre, with its one-out, one-in guard, physical-distancing lines, and windows at the checkouts.

Now it has implemented a one-way system for walking round the shop, and closed some of the openings between the aisles. I felt like I was playing a cross between Pacman and Manic Miner!

Dr Andrew Broad

#14 MtM

MtM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:26 AM

It is looking that much more likely now that Wimbledon and the entire grass-court season have been cancelled. :(

Borg vs McEnroe from 1980 on BBC 2 today, the final to end them all!

I have a few old programmes from Wimbledon I am going to recycle if you want them for free of course?

#15 andrewbroad

andrewbroad

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:24 PM

I have a few old programmes from Wimbledon I am going to recycle if you want them for free of course?

Thanks, but no thanks. I already have more recorded tennis than I can watch in the time that I have left.

It's nice to have a little time for JSW-editing in this holiday fortnight...

Dr Andrew Broad

#16 MtM

MtM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:07 PM

Thanks, but no thanks. I already have more recorded tennis than I can watch in the time that I have left.

It's nice to have a little time for JSW-editing in this holiday fortnight...

Apologies Dr B just in case I wasn't clear - I mean actual match programmes, glossy physical programmes from actual tennis

played at the Championships, I do not mean recorded tv tennis :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users