Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:41 PM
There was a significant update of JSW Central on 3rd December 2018. I had worked hard to make it happen and I did mean to announce it later, but a whirlwind of real life activities prevented me from doing it. I would now like to mention it for the record, although I will probably not describe all of the changes as accurately as I would have done in early December.
The main change was the launch of a new section: 'Versions and minor mods of the original Manic Miner'. Apart from its main page, it features 18 individual sub-pages for each discussed variant (in one case - variants, where a few very minor hacks are discussed together), with general info, info about the completability of the game (or lack thereof), download links and a screenshot gallery, illustrating new elements / differences from the original MM. Over 350 new screenshots related to this section were added to the site.
There were also various other improvements, such as switching to HTTPS, the addition of individual pages for "Manic Miner: Back to the Mine" (by LiganTM, 2018) and "Manic Mixup" (by Ian Rushforth and Andy Ford, 2018) to the Manic Miner games section, the addition of information about "JSW 128 VK3" and "JSW 128 VL5" (both by Norman Sword, 2018) as well as "Thoroughly Modern Willy" (by Bob Fossil, 2018) to the "Games of MM and JSW interest" section, a Chronology update, etc.
I am now going to move on and start adding individual pages for the JSW games listed on the main page of JSW Central.
Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:02 AM
JSW Central has just been updated significantly. Almost all parts of the website have undergone some changes. The highlights:
- All games included in the main "List of Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy games for the ZX Spectrum" (or rather several lists which comprise it) now have their individual pages with info, download options and other links. Most of the newly-added pages are still work in progress in the sense that they do not have full screenshot galleries yet, and in some cases the info about the game given there is not complete (e.g. there is info about the total number of edited rooms, but there is no info about how many of them need to be visited to complete the game).
- Games which were previously in the "Games of MM/JSW interest" section, in the "I. Games of special interest" subsection have now been moved to the main "List of Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy games for the ZX Spectrum", as a separate group called "MM and JSW games using other game engines".
- Some games have been added to the "Games of MM/JSW interest" section and all of the games included there now have links to their respective pages on Spectrum Computing.
- Some new links have been added to the Links page.
- One new entry was added to the list of MM games ("A Manic Minor's 80's Christmas Shopping Trip") and some new entries were added to the "Versions of the original MM" and "Versions of the original JSW" sections ("Manic Miner: A ten-cavern challenge", "Jet Set Willy: The Mr Noseybonk Edition" and "Jet Set Willy 25-100").
- Chronology was updated to the point of going into the future (!) - having a mention of the celebration of JSW’s 35th birthday at PLAY Expo in Manchester on 4th May already .
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users