Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

[File] JSW 2015 Bug Fixed Edition

Spider

Upon requests, I'm pleased so supply a 'high speed' loader of the aformentioned Bug-Fixed release.

Please note this has *no* changes compared to the previous releases with the exception of a tiny additional logo on the loading screen and a faster loader using a genuine Speedlock as per the 'Sold A Million' re-release of this game. The advantage of this is compared to an 'emulator built' one is the fact that only the game code is loaded not the whole memory = faster loading.

loading_pic_v1.png

Note: Load in 48K mode.

Jetset Willy_BugFixed2015Edition_V1.tzx

This release is not meant as any form of 'protection' it is simply provided for transfer to 'real' hardware of loading scheme fanatics. Enjoy. :)

The update is simply to the loading scheme and the minor re-design of the jswmm logo.

• 2 weeks later...

As its been around eight months since the original 'Bug Fixed' version was released, I thought it only fair to quickly assemble a 'cheat' version. This has the following built in:

• Infinite time
  • Infinite lives
  • Immunity to falls
  • Immunity to arrows
  • Immunity to guardians
  • Immunity to fire cells
  • Walk through earth cells (use with care!)

The game code is identical to the previous release with the exception of the cheats obviously. :) A different "intermission" loading picture and a note on the main loading screen announce the fact it is a cheat edition.

2.png 3.png

Jetset Willy 2015 Bug Fixed Edition With Cheats_V1.tzx

Note: Load in 48K mode.

• 1 month later...

Bug alert!

Andy, I have decided to make good on my promise to record a smooth RZX walkthrough of the "Bug Fixed 2015" edition. Attached below is a partial effort. The recording was made from the file "Jetset Willy_BugFixed2015Edition_V2.tzx". As you can see at the end of it, there are some rogue cells in "The Off Licence". The red vertical guardian collides with one of them, making the Bug Fixed edition impossible to complete  :o .

If you release a corrected version, I will do the recording for you.

Incidentally, playing the original JSW after playtesting "The Nigthmare Edition" various times makes me feel that we done a good job on "TNE". The original feels empty and trivial in comparison...  :)

JSW 2015 Bugfix.rzx

Thanks Danny.

This has been rectified now. The issue was caused by corruption from the SPL2 loader. I should point out this only effected the Speedlock2 version (the one with the blue/black loading border) not the normal speed or the higher speed Speedlock1 (normal border colours) as SPL2 data is encoded. Something was not quite right with putting it back 'in order' it seemed.

I've withdrawn this version (normal and cheat) as there were very few downloads of this particular one and the SPL1 remains (tested all versions) no changes were needed to it. The download counter was incremented on the SPL version to include the newer one so it also remains correct. :)

nobugs.png

• 2 weeks later...

Liking this 2015 bugfix version ... but surprised you didn't go further and include the corrections to the fragmented conveyor belts but i guess it's not hard to chuck in a few pokes to fix them ourselves if we wanted to

I'll be honest I did not see that (at that time!) as a concern as it was more a cosmetic thing. Although looking back if I was doing it again I would fix the conveyors amongst a few other little bits too. :)