Hello, I'd like to thank you all for the support, I am relieved to hear that you like this edit
I also wanted to confirm that I did "make" the variant. I edited it on JSWED, which I think caused the glitch where the lighthouse's wheels disappear in last cavern.
Some modifications to sprites and item shapes (and the title screen tune) are also good.
- Is it OK to quote the name of the game as "Manic Miner Hard" (which would be my preference), or should it be just "MM Hard" (or perhaps "MMHard", as in the name of the Z80 file you uploaded)?
I'm a little confused about that part in parentheses, as I haven't changed the tune.
- I've never really though of the name of the game so "Manic Miner Hard" is fine, although I find it a little boring. How about "Manic Miner : Tales of the Perils of an Alternate LSD 2" ? .
- Could you please kindly confirm that you are the author of "Manic Miner Hard"? If so, would you like to be credited with anything else other than "Ligan"? (such as your real name or whatever else you prefer). If not, could you please let us know who the author is?
- As for credits, I'd prefer to be credited as "LiganTM" (not a trademark, it's just my username on some other websites).
- I believe that in Chronology I should mention 6th August 2017 as the date of the gamma-release of the game. Is this correct? Has the game been released somewhere else before here by any chance?
I guess that would be all as far as JSW Central is concerned. I just want to say once again that I really enjoyed playing your game, that it was a lovely surprise to see this game appear out of the blue, and that I look forward to any further MM or JSW redesigns you may create. Is there any chance this will actually happen?
- This is the first (and only) place where I've shown the game, however before calling it a gamma-release, I'd like to tweak some things in it (nothing gameplay changing, so your walkthrough will still be 100% accurate)
Lastly, to answer the last question, I have tried making a few remakes in the past, but most of them have nothing worthy in them. :/
Actually a question, something I noticed when I built a tape file for it. Cavern #15 (well 16 in reality aka what was "The sixteenth cavern") does not have a name, its descriptor is empty. Was this intentional ?
Yes, it's supposed to be a bit of a parody of The Sixteenth Cavern's name by giving it an even less descriptive name .
System: Sinclair Original Author(s): Matthew Smith Third Party Author(s): Ligan
Manic Miner Hard. It's an edited version of the original MM, like MM3 and MM5, the graphics and enemies haven't been modified.
Supplied as a .z80 snapshot. The author of this version is currently unknown
Cavern Names :
1. The Pyramid Entrance 2. The Melting Iceberg 3. The Collapsed Plains 4. The Dried-Up Aquifer 5. The Plumbing Store 6. The Cloning Facility 7. The VAT 8. United Kongdom Customs 9. The Germopharmacy 10. The Apple Orchard 11. Finding the Perfect Insurance 12. The Pronce's Palace 13. And Down the Trash Chute... 14. Space Game Tutorial Level 15. The Art Gallery 16. 17. The Factory 18. Ameobological Site 19. Localizing Ray Deflector 20. The Pharaoh Gravestone
A .tap tape file has been built to compliment the supplied .z80 snapshot for convenience. This include a semi custom loading screen too. The file is fully editable via JSWED or similar if required.