Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

JSWED Windows 10?

Hi i want to start creating another JSW or MM game (the last one i did was back in 2004).

When i try to get JSWED v237 i can't download the file, which i assume is because i'm on windows 10?

So my question is do you guys use older PC's or laptops to design JSW/MM games using JSWED? ..or is it possible on Windows 10?

I do have a working old Toshiba laptop (Windows 98) so i can use that  but it can't connect to the internet, so could someone perhaps give me JSWED v237, in a zip file or whatever, which i can then copy over to my old laptop.

Thanks and best wishes🚀

Edited by Jay SW1

Works fine on W10 (and W7 too, I can't recall if there were any issues with W11 and I don't have a 'box' to check that at the moment)

I'm not sure why you can't actually download it, that sounds more like a browser issue ?

Perhaps either wait a short time and try again or if you can and have one installed try another browser ? 🙂 

On 7/28/2024 at 6:26 PM, Jay SW1 said:

Fab thanks so much Spider, you were right it was a browser issue! 

No problems at all, it had to be really I think , unless his site was having some odd issues.

On 7/28/2024 at 6:26 PM, Jay SW1 said:

I'm all set now hopefully, ..thanks man

Great. 🙂 Looking forward to you hopefully sharing some of your work when you're ready to.

cool i had suspected it was you Danny doing the JSW Central channel on youtube! 🙂

i still remember that day, seems long ago now, when you first appeared on the jsw and mm yahoo group forum, and your passion for those games became clear very quickly ♥️   

i'll be on the beach in Lyme Regis for a week lol  and then it's back onto John's kick-ass editor to move some pixels around! 😁

Screenshot(68).png.2b6034e98fc3874c986f35d7e3851160.png