Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

New 'micro-game': Jet Set Willy Heaven and Hell

IRF

I am pleased to present the JSWMM community with a brand-new 'micro-game' that I have created, entitled 'Jet Set Willy Heaven and Hell'.

There are 25 items in the game, spread across three rooms.  Try to ascend to Heaven, without descending into Hell.

It's just a little bit of fun, but it does showcase a particular 'quirky' feature of the Jet Set Willy game engine which, to the best of my knowledge, has never previously been documented or exploited in a JSW game.

I pray that you prevail!

Jet Set Willy Heaven and Hell.zip

Edited by IRF

well this is an oddity!! what was the quirk exactly, is it to do with the arrows? I don't want to spoil it for others so i won't say too much here...

The quirk is mainly to do with the rope, although the arrows play their part. I won't say too much just yet; I still have yet to 'announce' the game on World of Spectrum (for which I shall have to subscribe to WoS first!)

Interestingly, the classic 'Infinite Lives' POKE 35899,0 doesn't work on this game (or indeed, on any game where Willy doesn't start off with any spare lives other than the one he begins with). That's because all the POKE does is remove the instruction that decrements the number of lives remaining - it doesn't stop the program from checking if any lives remain (and terminating the game if not).

I've posted about this over on WoS now:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/discussion/53733/new-micro-game-jsw-heaven-hell

I wasn't sure whether or not you can add attachments to posts over there... then again, I've provided a link to here so it's probably best that way as it potentially gives this site a bit more traffic.

I've posted about this over on WoS now:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/discussion/53733/new-micro-game-jsw-heaven-hell

I wasn't sure whether or not you can add attachments to posts over there... then again, I've provided a link to here so it's probably best that way as it potentially gives this site a bit more traffic.

:) Good to post on WOS too.

No, can't attach files on there to posts. I tend to either link to a file here or stick it somewhere else if its not jswmm related.