Photo

JSW As Manufacturer (probably) intended .. kind of...

343 replies to this topic

#341 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

Its a shame in a way that you cannot (as in very easily without work) have two types of fire cells as per MM in JSW. :unsure: Then it would be easy to design a 'cell' to fit the top area perhaps :unsure:

Its interesting to note that Matt did place fire cells on the leftmost side to prevent a top exit although it could be said these are more cosmetic placements maybe.

Changing order to chaos since 1984

#342 Metalmickey

Metalmickey

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

some more experimenting is required me thinks

#343 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

some more experimenting is required me thinks

:) As per usual let us know if we can assist.

Changing order to chaos since 1984

#344 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:28 PM

However, she is tapping her foot... The yellow Maria on the right isn't animated at all - but if you made her animate, I fear that would also cause the Foot guardian to start flicking to the Barrel sprite and back again? (Since it shares the same Guardian Class).

I've just realised that it would be possible to make the yellow Maria in The Nightmare Room animate through two, or indeed all four of her sprite-frames, if you wanted her to, without causing the yellow foot guardian (which shares the same guardian class number) to deviate from the foot sprite - but only if you swapped around the position of the foot and the barrel on their sprite page (i.e. Page #9C - put the barrel at #9C40 and the foot at #9C60).

Of course, you would then have to adjust other instances of a foot or a barrel guardian elsewhere in the game, and also amend the pertinent addresses in the 'Game Over' routine accordingly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users