Dumb Waiter, you must be JammaJup of the Purple Unicorn fame, aren't you? Before going to the proper topic of this thread, let me take this opportunity to tell you that I enjoyed both (or all five) of your games very much :) . As you may know, I recorded their RZX walkthroughs for the RZX Archive, and an hour ago I posted a review of Terry the Turtle in the Manic Miner & Jet Set Willy Yahoo! Group (message 6797). I do hope you will make more JSW games in the future! :)
Could you please tell me how you prefer to be credited whenever your games are mentioned? Is "Jammajup, Purple Unicorn Software" OK? If so, should it be spelled Jammajup, or perhaps JammaJup, or JAMMAJUP? Or differently still, with your real name perhaps? I would be grateful for your guidance on this.
Now, the "Final Edition" of Steve Worek's Jet Set Emily: Baby on the Go, which I prepared (with his consent) back in 2006, is probably the only JSW remake for the Spectrum (at least was at the time of its release) which features a working attract mode. I remember I worked hard to adjust the rooms (swapping them around) in order to achieve this (to make sure Willy didn't get killed during the preview of the rooms). There turned out to be a problem with the Softricks' code for attract mode used in conjunction with John Elliott's teleporter extension, leading to a semi-critical bug in the game (which became impossible to complete if the attract mode was run, because it turned off the teleportation needed to get to a room with two items). Andrew Broad kindly helped me solve the problem. He offered technical explanation for what happened. I am not sure if it can be helpful for this discussion, but just in case, check out messages 6035, 6039 and 6044 in the MM & JSW Yahoo! Group.