Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Pokes (non ZX versions)

Spider

12 hours ago, Jet Set Willie said:

MSX JSW2, I think you had to type "CAVEMAN" as a password after pressing down all the cursor keys and space. If I´m wrong, please delete this post.

I have heard of that but not been able to test it yet, but I've edited my post above as I forgot F3 has a function too.

• 7 months later...

for andy noble's jet-set willy pc (the windows re-release):

type 241360 under the stairs in the first landing and then exit the current game and go to the options screen from the main menu

you'll find two new options there (f9 for invulnerability and f10 for infinite lives)

this unfortunately does not work for the original MS-DOS release, so i might just have to open the game's executable file (which contains literally every piece of data that isn't the music) in a text editor and look around for a potential type-in cheat like a maniac

Edited by Gyrominiac

Thank you. I was aware of this (or very similar) it might exist on the forum somewhere by myself , as to why it did not make it into the topic I'm not sure, so its appreciated. I do recall the code only worked on the PC version not the MS-Dos variant. You're likely correct a bit of hunting should hopefully find something.

On 10/4/2023 at 8:33 PM, Spider said:

Ah, I was mistaken 🙂 My previous cheats were for the DOS version not the Windows one, further back in this very topic here

that's the cheat code for manic miner PC, not JSW PC

i got the JSW PC cheat code from andy noble after i emailed him asking about it (same email where i asked about that weird PC version-mobile version mix), then i sent him a follow-up email asking about the code for the DOS version but he never responded (he might probably be busy with a whole lot of stuff)

(opening the executable in a text file didn't find anything by the way, i'm pretty sure it has to be completely dissassembled in order to find any sort of type-in cheat) 

Edited by Gyrominiac

On 10/7/2023 at 12:09 AM, Gyrominiac said:

(opening the executable in a text file didn't find anything by the way, i'm pretty sure it has to be completely dissassembled in order to find any sort of type-in cheat) 

Does make sense. I think I could not find anything sane in the Sam Coupe version that way. Several variants of that it seems. Do have them all now.