Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

"Jet Set Jason: In Roddënwald"

Korzy_iz_Adb

On 4/16/2021 at 12:45 PM, geoff said:

I'm a software developer, and this started me thinking of "Jet Set JSON" for some reason.

Same! 😆

So convenient in fact!

In my Manic Mission (HTML5) all the data of each room/level is stored in JSON:

{"info":{"l":14,"r":4,"name":"The Sand Vat","bg":0,"defs":"5b94965b6----b----"},"dcs":{"8,7":"9-"},"grds":[{"pos":[56,144],"sprite":3,"horizontal":true,"forward":false,"pathlen":17,"speed":2,"origin":[56,144],"color":4},{"pos":[80,8],"sprite":3,"horizontal":true,"forward":false,"pathlen":11,"speed":2,"origin":[80,8],"color":5}],"frns":[{"x":13,"y":0,"w":6,"h":3},{"x":26,"y":18,"w":4,"h":2},{"x":26,"y":11,"w":3,"h":3},{"x":3,"y":11,"w":3,"h":3},{"x":2,"y":18,"w":4,"h":2}],"xts":[],"keys":[{"d":"0608007"},{"d":"081300d"},{"d":"1206006"},{"d":"211100c"},{"d":"2508006"}],"blks":[{"d":"00000401"},{"d":"01080202"},{"d":"01090809"},{"d":"01100808"}, ...

Topic (manually) recovered. Details of restored data.

Good: I was able to restore six valuable posts.

Neutral: They lost part of their formatting, this can be put right easily enough with simple edits

Bad: There's no more data for this topic to restore, this -is it- as such. However I suspect what was removed or lost we can manage without. 🙂

jetsetdanny's post here is now fully populated

jetsetdanny's post here was also restored, this was a very large post compared to what we had present

korzy_iz_adb's post here restored, again this was a large post of useful content too

jetsetdanny's post here restored, this also a large useful content post

korzy_iz_adb's post here restored

IRF's post here restored

🙂

• 2 years later...

Hello there:

Some months after my last post in 2020 my father died from COVID-19. It has been almost three years since, and I'm still suffering from anxiety-depression.

"Jet Set Jason in Röddenwald" is gathering dust in my hard drive and, sadly, I'm no longer fit to finish it, so if anyone would like to complete it, I could share all my files with them.

Thanks for all your support during those years, even if you think you didn't do a thing.

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Although it may mean little (I hope it does mean something) similar happened to me a few years back with two people with just over two years between. To be direct, Its not been the same since.

I do respect 100% (trust me) you're not able to finish this but hugely appreciate the fact you're willing to "pass it on" rather than let it wither away. Hopefully someone will contact you via messenger here*** if they wanted to.

I cannot myself partly for the above reasons , still now.

*** You may want to enable "email notification of messages" for the options here in your control panel to save you visiting the site to check for messages if you wanted.

Fabian, I am extremely sorry to hear about your father and your anxiety-depression. Thanks for this info!

I would be happy to accept your files - you know my e-mail, please send them to me by e-mail if you want. This is NOT to finish "Jet Set Jason in Röddenwald" straight away, but to keep your files, as their custodian, just in case, to preserve backup copies of the latest versions, so to speak.

It is my sincere hope that you *will* complete the game at some future point, and I will certainly continue to encourage you to do it. I will be happy to keep the files in the meantime (again, as a backup) and *if* in the future (say, some years from now) you confirm you won't be willing or able to finish the game, I might do something about it. But I do hope you will do it yourself - after all, depression can be overcome, and life is worth living for JSW...