Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Playing around.

Norman Sword

I have incorrectly changed a label somewhere on the 2nd version. I will find it and correct.

problem found and corrected.

New version updated.

I am editing 3 sets of the same routine... I get mixed up with the thousands of lines of code,which version I am editing. Each version is a copy of the previous, then edited to change what it does.

Edited by Norman Sword

For the version with "K" and "L"  keys. 

You can press and hold either of those two keys and the light beam will stay facing that direction.

E.g. Set the beam down to willies feat by holding down "k"

There is darkness in these caves.

That's my lot for today.

black void.tap

Edited by Norman Sword

The problem was a logic change..... I found an inconsistency in the logic I had used. The routine effectively did the equivalent of minus minus. To correct a wrong label reference.

I went through the versions (or though I had) correcting the various references.  swapping left and right and changing rotates to the opposite direction. I missed out one reference. Which causes the inverse of the light beam pattern I wanted.

The .Tap.Tap file was the file in question (now deleted)

I am still unhappy with how this looks and plays.

Was watching the tv and had an idea to extend the logic further.....

The direction the torch points is controlled by Willy using the keys "k" and "L" 

The beam can rotate clockwise or anti clockwise

The beam has eight directions it can point

Left, left and up, up, right and up, right, right and down, down, left and down.

Routine was easy enough to do- I will post  tomorrow.

Logic version 4

Edited by Norman Sword

Would it be a relatively easy task to add H and J as alternative keys for the task?

I tend to play using my right hand for moving Willy [didn't think I'd manage to come up with a fresh double entendre for this genre all these years later but there you go!], using O and P for left/right and Space for jump. Trying to press K and L with my left hand simultaneously is a bit awkward.  H and J would be easier, and still within the same half-row of keys.

Edited by IRF

Black Void is interesting/tricky - can't even see Willy unless you look up or down!

Diplomatic, that ;-)

I hope it doesn't upset anyone but I find it virtually unplayable. A mod too far. Sorry.

I commend all your efforts Norman, and without trying things you do not know what can be done.

Diplomatic, that ;-)

I hope it doesn't upset anyone but I find it virtually unplayable. A mod too far. Sorry.

I commend all your efforts Norman, and without trying things you do not know what can be done.

Previously I said

I am still unhappy with how this looks and plays.

Since this would always be known as the Pgyuri's effect, I see no point in carrying on further. 

This version V4 is the last version that I am doing, where the beam when static can be rotated by "H"-"k" one direction and "J"-"L" for the other

Since this is a demo the black/blue background can be changed by pressing "enter" ( no keyboard de-bounce)

This was just an exercise is see what I could do over a couple of days.

Rotate.tap

Edited by Norman Sword