Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Meanwhile, over in Belgium

Spider

More precisely, Ophoven in Belgium. 🙂

As its a YouTube video and these can annoy some (myself included, but I'm not a great Y.T fan anyway if I'm honest) if they auto-play in the browser I'll just provide a link.

https://youtu.be/fYeU-cdawZA

😮

Text as provided:

In het centrum van het Belgische dorpje Ophoven staat een standbeeld dat een onmogelijke driehoek voorstelt. Het werkt natuurlijk maar vanuit 1 punt. Vanuit eender welk ander punt ziet het standbeeld eruit als metalen balken met een rare kronkeling.

De onmogelijke driehoek gemaakt door de lokale kunstenaar Mathieu Hamaekers in 1995.

Translated via Google (in spoiler)

In the center of the Belgian village of Ophoven is a statue that represents an impossible triangle. Of course it only works from 1 point. From any other point, the statue looks like metal beams with a strange twist.

The impossible triangle created by local artist Mathieu Hamaekers in 1995.

Cool! 🙂

A concept was created once of 'The Second Coming of Matthew Smith'. Although it's a little outdated now, I can't help but think that a sudden appearance of Impossible Triangles à la Ophoven, all around the world, like the recent appearance of monoliths, could herald such an epiphany... 🤪

• 1 month later...