Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Sam Coupé version

Spider

Full playthrough of the game Manic Miner for SAM Coupé computers. This game published in 1983 become hit on the Sinclair Spectrum computers. The reworked version for the 8-bit SAM Coupé with excellent graphics and music with the pixel perfect jump and run gameplay makes it one of the best games for the SAM Coupé computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3eg6237MUU

Author (YT) hirudov2d

MM_SC.zip

I do have the other two level sets but I've not got around to reducing their file size (without loss of quality) yet.

I'm assuming, (perhaps rightly or wrongly) this is OK from a (c) concern because anyone can watch said video and it does not take long for one to either find a downloader utility or trick the browser into downloading it anyway.

Below are two other variants, second and third cavern sets. 🙂

I do hope these are OK to be here like this as they are provided mainly really for 'level design inspiration' , it may be neat to build MM using the layout of one of these perhaps and it is 100 times easier to study an offline vs online video if one requires to step back and forth with it too, and there is always the fact the video may eventually vanish online, sometimes not at the authors request either.

Full playthrough of the game Manic Miner for SAM Coupé computers. This game published in 1983 become hit on the Sinclair Spectrum computers. The reworked version for the 8-bit SAM Coupé with excellent graphics and music with the pixel perfect jump and run gameplay makes it one of the best games for the SAM Coupé computer. Played is the second set of levels - The Deeper Caverns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlIxeIbgpdc

Author (YT) hirudov2d

SAM Coupé Longplay - Manic Miner - The Deeper Caverns.zip

Full playthrough of the game Manic Miner for SAM Coupé computers. This game published in 1983 become hit on the Sinclair Spectrum computers. The reworked version for the 8-bit SAM Coupé with excellent graphics and music with the pixel perfect jump and run gameplay makes it one of the best games for the SAM Coupé computer. Played is the third set of levels - Down, down, deeper and down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-LmgeQ2jcg

Author (YT) hirudov2d

SAM Coupé Longplay - Manic Miner - Down, down, deeper and down.zip

Creating two new ZX Spectrum Manic Miner games by recreating the SAM Coupe's levels is a project I would definitely support and would like to get involved with/be carry to tackle 🙂 . Not right now - I have other priorities - but at some future point.

I believe those levels should be "brought back" to the ZX Spectrum 😎.

I completely agree. They may 'fit' screensize wise and even if a few changes are needed to allow for the ZX engine 'quirks' as such, its still a good thing all in all.

A couple of years back I did try to get these levels to run properly in an emulator but I needed some immunity cheats for it, simply so I had time to study and take screeenshots (as well as not being forced to play each level) but I could not find anything suitable back then, so it went onto the ever expanding "to return and look at" list.

The video's should be enough with screen captures too, to study both the guardian paths etc and the layouts.