Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

JSW2 recycling JSW1 unused data

Spider

Well, sort of.

In JSW2 'Macaroni Ted' brought to life Matt's unused 'two part' horizontal guardian:

guardian177-2.png

It is known that (at least as I understand it) Macaroni Ted was a way of saying "Hi" to David Cooke and Steve Marsden who wrote Technician Ted 🙂

As 'Ted' was in a chip factory hence Macaroni (a pun on Marconi) and Ted being well Ted.

In JSW1 some fire cells are defined for a few rooms but are not brought into play at all, specifically:

Ballroom West > ballroom_west.png

Banyan Tree > banyan.png

Chapel > chapel.png

Drive > drive.png

Nightmare Room > nightmare.png

Nomen Luni > nomen.png

Orangery > orangery.png

I do realise they may need a colour change to suit their locations, but the question is simply:

Were any of these recycled and used in JSW2 and if so in which rooms ?

I do realise I could examine the game but I'm sort of after a bit of 'random trivia' here too if anyone has any snippets of information perhaps from a magazine article or something they read/found elsewhere.

EDIT... I am aware that there is an unused Conveyor cell graphic in Chapel too, as well as an unused ramp graphic in Entrance/Hades (the exits on that room indicate to me something 'more' was possibly planned too) and also a floor graphic in The Hall too, but that's not too relevant here in this topic,unless there is information to be shared about any of those too. 🙂