Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

40th anniversary documentary on the ZX Spectrum.

Paolo

Dear All,

Anthony & Nicola Caulfield
(In 2014 they made a beautiful motion picture documentary "From Bedrooms to Billions" which tells the story of the UK Video Games Industry)

have launched a Kickstarter for a 40th anniversary documentary on the ZX Spectrum.
It would be helpful if you could spread and share the word for this campaign:
https://kickstarter.com/projects/1195082866/the-rubber-keyed-wonder-40-years-of-the-zx-spectrum

Grazie!

Best

Paolo Santagostino

• 2 weeks later...

Is there much we do not know about the Spectrum? Enough to warrant a 'documentary'?

ย 

Either way it looks to be well funded at the moment. I watched From Bedrooms to Billions, it was

okay. I would like to see a documentary about Matthew Smith and the creation of MM and JSW!

And a few tempter screens right at the end of JSW 3 in production ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

Thanks for the heads up Paolo and as has been said, welcome!

Edited by MtM

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know the latest on this being released? Initial release was December 2022. The Kickstarter mentions updates, but never specifies an actual release date. Since the 40th anniversary was April 2022, it's becoming more of a 41st anniversary ๐Ÿ˜

Talking of anniversaries, it's the 40th for MM this summer, hopefully there are big plans for that!

Apparently, the film will have its premiere on 26ย May, 2023 at 6:15 PM at Warsaw's Pixel Heaven Fest 2023ย event. Please see hereย (scroll down for English) and also here. The screening will be preceded by a conversation with Anthony & Nicola.

Warsawย is my home town, but I'm not there right now and unable to travel there for this event. What a pity!ย ๐Ÿ˜ฏย 

ย 

ย 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 6:59 AM, jetsetdanny said:

Apparently, the film will have its premiere on 26ย May, 2023 at 6:15 PM at Warsaw's Pixel Heaven Fest 2023ย event. Please see hereย (scroll down for English) and also here. The screening will be preceded by a conversation with Anthony & Nicola.

Warsawย is my home town, but I'm not there right now and unable to travel there for this event. What a pity!ย ๐Ÿ˜ฏย 

ย 

ย 

You should be guest of honour Danny!