Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Adam Britton's three 1985 JSW games - some mysteries revealed

jetsetdanny

• 3 weeks later...

I have now completed "processing" Adam Britton's three JSW games.

The individual pages of these three games on JSW Central:

Jet Set Willy: The Continuing Adventures

Jet Set Willy: The Deadly Mission

Jet Set Willy: Willy's Holiday

have been overhauled. They now include information about these games' history and completability, download option of bug-free versions of these games converted to tape format, screenshot galleries and embedded videos from the JSW Central YouTube channel.

I have decided to change the titles of these games by adding "Jet Set Willy:" as the first part of each name. While there are no text files to accompany the games, I believe you can see from the loading screens it was Adam Britton's clear intention to call them like this. This is also how they were originally released in the "Emulate!" online magazine.

• 4 months later...

I am absolutely thrilled to report that Adam Britton has expressed his approval of the bug-free tape versions of his games that I prepared! I let him know about this project and sent him the files, and he got back to me with a very nice e-mail on 20th March, 2022, and he said (among other things), "I very much approve of these bug-free tape versions of these games. I’m extremely grateful that you’d spend all this time doing this and preserving these little slices of my childhood for everyone to continue to enjoy."

I am extremely grateful to Adam for his kind words and approval! His acceptance of these versions is very important to me 🙂.

I have updated the Readmes in the three ZIPs in the Downloads section with information about Adam's kind approval.

Do have a go at these games if you haven't played them yet, and enjoy these very, very early JSW remakes Adam so brilliantly created 37 years ago 🙂.

That's great news Danny. 🙂

Its always 'extra nice' when the author takes the time to both still show interest (I had little doubt on this part though) and also to send good thoughts and comments. I had a similar thing with one of my "adventure ports" , a comment by the original author on a random YT walkthrough someone had done!