Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Emergency Generator Quirk

Spider

Specific to BBC version of JSW1 and 2 , I was aware of this a long time ago as there are some other differences however (as far as I'm aware) with the standard map layout these are the only versions where you can exit right from Generator back to Priest's Hole. In theory that could mean you could avoid climbing East Wall base, however in practise you'd need get the Front Door item and the conveyor you cannot jump bypass easily.

Yes the game does start at 7pm and yes each item seems to count as 10 for some reason. At least in the version I tested.

It is still an interesting quirk.

Attached is a short < 3Mb video of this , both inline and as a .zip as some browers may not allow its playback. Note the sound does go out of sync unfortunately. This is an emulator issue I think rather than an raw .avi to .mp4 conversion concern as other emulators do not do this.

back_forth.zip

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, IRF said:

I presume you're talking about going over the roof to drop down into Emergency Gen? (Since the Dr Jones elephant can't be crossed from left to right.) 

That's a point. I need to recheck that, was over a year ago so my memory is a little hazy.

12 hours ago, DigitalDuck said:

I think the CPC versions (and JSW2 Spectrum) also allow you to jump from Emergency Generator to Priest's Hole, although I'm not in a position to check right now.

CPC version yes just tested it now, at a high speed for some reason!

The sound got out of sync when doing the avi to mp4 conversion (and the video as well it seems) sorry, but it was only a quickie to clarify... I did not see a need to get a 'better' one for this tiny test.