Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Willy's new business

jetsetdanny

Apparently Willy has a new business, related to concrete. He may have moved to America, too, unless what I have witnessed is a branch of his British company (there are branches in the background, in fact - perhaps they're a hint 🙂).

These pictures were taken in Washington, DC, earlier this month. Not the greatest quality, but I took them through from the car, stopping where I shouldn't have. However, I just couldn't let this go undocumented 😁.

Willy's Concrete 1.jpg

Willy's Concrete 2.jpg

• 4 months later...

Well, I've come across another sight today that triggered an immediate association with Willy in my mind. I took a picture, too, and I'm sharing it below. I'm not sure if this is another Willy's new business, but I'm pretty sure I can see Maria there on the right, looking at her smartphone and waiting for clients 😉 .

jetsetsalon.jpg

Oh, it's in Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico, should anyone want to check out Maria's services 🙂 .

• 2 weeks later...

This one, I believe, explains how Miner Willy became Jet Set Willy - he sold the gems he found in the mine!

minersgems1.jpg

Apparently, he is still selling them (that's why Miner Willy and Jet Set Willy always coexist, like the Schroedinger's Cat, I guess 🙂). It's up to 75% off right now, so take advantage of the sale if you feel like buying some Miner's Gems! 🙂 

minersgems2.jpg

Now, this is a beautiful one. I know there are many MegaTrees around the world, and I guess they are all JSW-related in a sense. However, when I saw one of the lessons we can learn from this 400-year-old MegaTree - GO OUT ON A LIMB - I immediately loved this tree more than the others I have come across, because I KNEW it was related to Jet Set Willy. So first, a few pictures of the tree itself:

megatree1.jpg

megatree2.jpg

megatree4.jpg

megatree3.jpg

And now the memorable lessons from "Sammy" the Samand Tree:

megatree5.jpg