Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

ChRiStMaS 2022!

MtM

3 hours ago, MtM said:

I hope I can do like you did and one day and the time to use an editor and release a new MM and then a JSW mod. We live in

hope! it is a labour of love though and you know you will not make any money off spending all that time writing it, i can't really

afford that at the moment.

To be precise, I haven't yet released a new MM and then a JSW mod (I am missing the MM part šŸ˜‰). Some people have done so, in addition to Matthew Smith, of course: R. D. Foord (the person who is behind the R. D. Foord Software, I assume that's his/her name), Andrew Broad andĀ Vidar Eriksen (Erix1). Also, more recently,Ā Ian Rushforth (IRF) and Andy Ford (Spider).

I definitely want to create more games in the future. However, I would like to complete a certain phase of development of JSW Central first (working on it bit by bit [no pun intended] is more compatible with my other current actitivies in life than delving into a new game-creationĀ project, which tends to absorb me 100% and sap the time I should be dedicatingĀ to other aspects of life). Hopefully, one day circumstances will be more propitious for brave new game-creation projects :).

I wish you the same and already look forward to your future MM and JSW mods šŸ™‚ .

On 12/21/2022 at 1:23 AM, jetsetdanny said:

I definitely want to create more games in the future. However, I would like to complete a certain phase of development of JSW Central first (working on it bit by bit [no pun intended] is more compatible with my other current actitivies in life than delving into a new game-creationĀ project, which tends to absorb me 100% and sap the time I should be dedicatingĀ to other aspects of life). Hopefully, one day circumstances will be more propitious for brave new game-creation projects :).

Danny, hopefully one day you will create a new game using the JSW128 or JSW64 game engine, in which case I hope you implement the modest code changes I suggested that will give you a personalised cheat mode password. (And perhaps by then you will also have cracked the code so that you know what your personalised password actually is!)

Edited by IRF

5 hours ago, jetsetdanny said:

I certainly keep yourĀ personalised cheat mode password option in mind šŸ™‚Ā . However, it is more probable that I will use a modified JSW48 game engine for a future project. We shall see...

Maybe if you ever feel the need to release a Special Edition of JSW: Mind Control or something, you could incorporate it into that?