Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

MM/JSW site listing every clone of MM & JSW? Let´s list the missing ones.

Jet Set Willie

On 1/6/2023 at 5:19 AM, Jet Set Willie said:

JSW Remakes lists some for different machines, but even that list is incomplete.

The JSW Remakes website has not been updated since 2002. It is a very valuable resource for the state of things on the MM/JSW scene back then (and it's great that it's still online!), but obviously it will be grossly outdated at this point.

9 hours ago, jetsetdanny said:

The JSW Remakes website has not been updated since 2002. It is a very valuable resource for the state of things on the MM/JSW scene back then (and it's great that it's still online!), but obviously it will be grossly outdated at this point.

Speaking of which, do you have that one german game on your site? I'm pretty sure it isn't completable after playing it for some time.

No, because I don't consider it a finished, gamma-released game. It seems to be a product of someone playing with the editor, but not necessarily finishing the job.

I did attempt to complete this game once. I managed to collect 66 items, which is not bad, actually. I never completed this endevour - I stopped trying, but not because I determined it was impossible to collect all of the items, but because I had other things to do and this didn't feel important enough. I do keep the recording of my attempt to complete the game and can resume it at any time.

IF I manage to complete the game at some future point, I might have to reconsider its classification. However, I don't think I will, even if the game turns out to be completable. This is because I've played it using Rollback, always rolling back when I fell into a multiple death scenario, etc. It is only thanks to this that I have managed to collect the 66 items. However, the game is full of exits leading to death scenarios, etc. So it's not really designed to be played in a "normal" way, and hence does not fit the classification of a finished, released game.

But thanks for mentioning it anyway 🙂 .