Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

The JSW Mass Collaboration Project

Jet Set Willie

I have noticed The JSW Mass Collaboration Project on JSW Remakes. Regarding what there reads, it seems like the project has been just started, but I suspect it´s a very old project already, as notices on that site seem to be 20+ years old. If this project is finished already, what is the game´s name? Utility Cubicles?

No, "Utility Cubicles" was a JSW48 game by Stuart J. Hill which served as a starting point for the JSW128 Mass Collaboration Project.

The project was never finished, but its file and documentation have been preserved and I aim to relaunch it one day so that it can be completed (with the involvement of a new generation of JSW authors, plus some of the old-timers 😉) and released. I'm not quite ready to devote time to it right now, but perhaps after a certain stage of development of JSW Central has been completed (a couple of years from now), I will be happy to do it. Unless there's so much interest in it that several people are ready and willing to design some new rooms for it right now. Please let me know if you (plural - whoever reads this) are among them! 🙂 

I thought 128K version of Utility Cubicles may have been such a starting point to Mass Collaboration Project, so people could have added screens to it. Thanks for letting me know. 🙂

Glad I asked about this, as after I had found Mass Collaboration Project page few days ago, I decided to make one room for it, in a hope the project is not finished yet. And just for my own fun, if it´s finished already. The room is ready and tested that it can be finished with one life.

Happy to hear about your thoughts to relaunch it, even without my room! 😉 Thank you!! 🙂 👍👍👍

Edited by Jet Set Willie

Congratulations on designing a JSW room! 👍

When you say it can be "finished with one life", do you mean it can be finished without any loss of life, or it can be finished but one life has to be sacrificed to finish it? Just asking to be sure.

Please keep your room and we will make sure it gets included in the Mass Collaboration Project when it's relaunched! 🙂 

Thank you. :) It can be finished without any loss of life. My original background design and gameplay idea was little different, but it turned out that JSW engine crashes my game. I think I could have done it somehow, at least to get similar action, but thought that "watered down plan b" was ok as a Jet Set Willy room even it was not what I wanted. The unfinished first version was harder to finish and I feel this finished one is too easy, but I will leave it as it is, as it´s better to have a room what CAN be finished without losing too many lives, as you will need those lives in the other rooms as well. :)