Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

On 3/28/2023 at 2:51 AM, jetsetdanny said:

Thank you! 🙂 This happens in the Special Edition of "Willy's New Mansion". The in-game tune in "The Front Door" (60) changes in mid-room. It is "In the Hall of the Mountain King" (from "Manic Miner", also used in "Jet Set Willy II: The Final Frontier") when Willy is outside the house, and it turns to "If I Were a Rich Man" (from the original "JSW") as soon as he steps inside.

When creating "Willy's New Mansion", I wasn't yet able to code in-game tunes (I didn't realise how easy it is). If I had been, I would have probably coded two new tunes there. Still, the original tunes from "JSW" and "MM" are always great to hear 🙂 .

The last point Danny is a very important one I think, as aural memories can be incredibly powerful, we may take in most information that becomes memories by our eyes

typically, but those tunes, the moment you hear them they take you right into that world, a bit like the music from Jaws, they absolutely conjure up a feeling inside. I know that there is a theory that your sense of hearing is the last to go as you are dying, I can imagine drifting off with either one of these tunes in my ears, not a bad way to go, a bit like the end to the film Brazil, the daydream part, not the nightmarish part 😉

We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the meaning of life as channeled through the making of these games Danny, and Carl

if they have anything to say, I would like to hear it, they tell us something of the mind of the person who created them.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...