Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

The Gentlemen's Pixel Club

GPC

First of all, I think I have found a little corner of heaven here with this site, the "JSW & MM Community".

I had no idea this community existed and absolutely love JSW.

I run the Gentlemen's Pixel Club channel on YouTube here...

YT Channel Link

image.thumb.png.592fd2af640f0d24bb810c1e3429b339.png

...this is a video game channel and what brought me here was seeing a JSW game ( Role Reversal ) that I am going to do on the channel.  This then lead to more threads and I saw somebody post elsewhere about Manic Miner 64DX that will be another video, I simply love these type of games.

The channel does have some swearing, it happens, we're adults but I play games for the love and it's 100% non-commericial and has zero monetrisation.  Everything I pay for is done by myself, this is a hobby and a very small hobby - but I enjoy it !

A piccy of all the JSW and MM games I've played here is below to show how much I love this game...

image.thumb.png.133294d8f9b63d624f8b810197797a0d.png

image.thumb.png.0a2c81e259b1a3cf214866813888a8dd.png

Thank you for the chance to post about the channel - now I need to play and make the video for JSW: Role Revesal and have a go at that MM Deluxe that was mentioned as well.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Thank you. 🙂

You may be aware the BBC versions of JSW and MM were rewritten/updated a year or so ago, and the new ones play much nicer in that they more reflect the original ZX versions. I've not had chance to check if you've tried these on your channel yet.

No I was not, I will take a look at those and brilliant to know - thank you that is honestly good to know. 🙂

The BBC content on the channel is not vast - but those will be a worthy addition and are added to the list.  Cheers for this heads up.

14 hours ago, GPC said:

I will take a look at those and brilliant to know

For convenience @GPC

Original release of JSW for the BBC Micro here

Updated 2021 release of JSW for the BBC Micro here

Original release of MM for the BBC Micro here , note keypad protect has been disabled, just enter anything

Updated 2021 release of MM for the BBC Micro here

Sidenote: There is a Electron version of MM (as it was never released on this machine originally) here if you want, as per the above reworks, it too is 2021

I've excluded JSW2 from this platform for now for your testing because there's two versions of it, and its not quite as simple as "version A or version B" , I can expand on that if needed.

🙂