Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Jet Set Willy II on Acorn Archimedes 32-bit

Sendy The Endless

A complete remake by Darren Salt, I remember hearing about this game back in the 2000s but never being able to find an emulator to run it. Apparently this is the version of the game that introduced the trampoline block-type, came with its own level editor, and I've always been super curious about it.

http://www.acorn-gaming.org.uk/index.php3?p=Free/JSW2/index

Unfortunately, to this day I can't find much info on the Acorn Archimedes, nor do I see any footage from the game on youtube or anywhere else. Does anybody know anything about this?

I do recall the game itself however I also remember I was unable to get it to run, (or the Atom version actually) as the emulators are confusing. This coming from someone who had two dead A5000's and a working A7000 for a few months. I've never been able to get on with RiscOS unfortunately, the need to load plugins to extract files or do simple tasks was difficult.

I do have that version or similar. 🙂

The trampoline block (not that far off Dynamite Dan) was also in the 'extra caverns' sets for the Sam Coupe version of Manic Miner.

Its a bit like the Oric Atmos version of MM there's not a lot of erm 'coverage' on YouTube.

As time allows I will look into this again though. 🙂

Manic Miner also exists on that platform, here's a pic:

mm_arc.jpg

I think although that pic is from an old topic, I -might- of got this one to run.

If I still had the A7000 I'd of likely transferred the JSW and MM images to floppy and tried them for real.

• 2 weeks later...

Not forgotten about this however I've been exceptionally busy lately so I've not been able to find sensible time for it.

I did consider perhaps the 'mess' emulator might have something but I've found that quite difficult to use, to be fair its been a long time since I tried it so it likely is a lot better now.