Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

Hey, does anyone here like chip music? I just released an album of NES, SID and Beeper music at Bandcamp, you can grab it for free or pay what you can afford/think it's worth!

https://sendy.bandcamp.com/album/hear-my-cry

I figured I'd post it here as I'm really not a member of many other communities these days and haven't been on the scene in ages. I have some IDM/breakcore music on my bandcamp, too. It's all "pay what you want" so you can download it for free if you promise to show your friends who might like it ; )

I'm also posting oscilloscope deconstructions of my chiptune compositions to my Youtube page, here's a sample:

Anyone else on here do music, chiptune or otherwise?

Sendy

Just looked at your album on bandcamp Sendy. I like the title and music of The Lament of the Ever Advancing Wall of Doom, which is

a great 80s video game concept turned into a tune, it's really good fun!

That's a fun album cover too, not quite sure what to make of it? An 80s pic digitized?

It makes me think of a Synergy album cover - Games maybe? Not got it to hand to check.

I remain a massive c64 music fan, got all the Back in Times when they first appeared 20 odd years

ago, went to a few of the events, remember seeing Rob Hubbard performing live, weird to see someone

who was a musical God back in the hey day of the c64 sitting drinking a pint. A few of those musicians

sadly no longer with us. Fred Gray was another favourite, brilliant and a style of his own.

Thanks for posting anyway I really like it, and it is good to see people being creative in other

ways. You can do the official game music to JSW3 when MS gets around to writing it 😉

Edited by MtM

• 4 weeks later...

Hi MtM, yes for me the SID is what got me into synthesizer music, electro funk, etc. When I learned synthesis Rob Hubbard was one of the first guys I checked out, since he was basically the master of my childhood! In particular I studied his instruments, which is how I learned things like waveform switching (such as switching between triangle and noise to make the classic C64 "sneeze" snare sound).

The cover art is a picture of me, uploaded into a free online C64 art editor: https://mcdraw.xyz/

I have 3 SID tunes on the album: Hear My Cry, Wanderers Dub and Somebody Stop This Crazy Thing. I actually made these on my iPad but the thing stopped working a long time ago. Hear My Cry was actually my first foray into programming for the SID and I'm fairly proud of it : )

Thanks for your interest and response!