Jet Set Willy & Manic Miner Community

León Willy

jetsetdanny

A brand-new JSW game by a debut author is set to be released next weekend, barring any unexpected developments. The game's name is "León Willy" and it was created by Pedro Magallares Ocaña. 

The game, along with its documentation, will be available in two language versions: English and Spanish (Pedro is a Spaniard). Navigating the game is relatively easy, offering a delightful and interesting environment inspired by ancient cultures, historical events, movies, songs, and the author's personal life. Stay tuned for the official announcement here – be on the lookout! 🙂 

"León Willy" will be released this Friday in the late afternoon or early evening European time 🙂 .

It will probably be the first JSW48 game (I can't recall any precedents) where in some rooms you can survive a fall from any height, and in others you will die. This is clearly marked by the colour of the room name - if it's green, it means you call fall safely, if it's red, you will die if you exceed the height from which Willy can normally fall.

There are 64 rooms in the game and 256 items to collect (which can be achieved without losing a single life).

Some screenshots ahead of the release:

leonw-load.png

leonw-eng_title.png

leonw-esp_17.png

leonw-esp_49.png

leonw-esp_20.png

leonw-esp_19.png

leonw-esp_24.png

leonw-esp_31.png

Hello jetsetdanny and other members, I am Pedro Magallares, the game designer. First I want to thank you for this great presentation you have made to the game, I also take this opportunity to say hello to everyone, and well, in the process I encourage people to try it and give us their honest opinion. I will greatly appreciate all contributions.

A cordial greeting to all.

2 hours ago, IRF said:

what happens if you fall from a great height in a 'green' room, off the bottom and land in a 'red' room

You die.

2 hours ago, IRF said:

if you fall a long way through the bottom of a 'red' room but you land in a 'green' room?

It depends.

I'm not planning to investigate it 'scientifically' or at the code level, but I have a strong impression that if in the upper ("red") room you exceed the height from which you could normally fall safely (within that room), once you land in the "green" room below, you die. However, if in the upper "red" room you don't exceed the safe height, you'll be perfectly fine in the "green" room below no matter how far you fall in that latter room.

You can see it for example in the rooms "Peces voladores"/"Flying Fish" (I'll call it Room A) and "La entrada a Magna City"/"Entrance to Magna City" (I'll call it Room B). If you drop down to Room B from the floor level or Room A (or even from the lower end of the ramp-conveyor), you are perfectly fine down in Room B, you land safely. However, if you drop down to Room B from the platform in Room A where the middle item is, you are in for a Multiple Death Scenario in Room B below.

• 1 month later...