Posted Image

File Name: Manic Miner Hard

File Submitter: Ligan

File Submitted: 09 Aug 2017

File Category: Manic Miner [Remakes]

System: Sinclair
Original Author(s): Matthew Smith
Third Party Author(s): Ligan

Manic Miner Hard. It's an edited version of the original MM, like MM3 and MM5, the graphics and enemies haven't been modified.

Supplied as a .z80 snapshot. The author of this version is currently unknown

Cavern Names :

1. The Pyramid Entrance
2. The Melting Iceberg
3. The Collapsed Plains
4. The Dried-Up Aquifer
5. The Plumbing Store
6. The Cloning Facility
7. The VAT
8. United Kongdom Customs
9. The Germopharmacy
10. The Apple Orchard
11. Finding the Perfect Insurance
12. The Pronce's Palace
13. And Down the Trash Chute...
14. Space Game Tutorial Level
15. The Art Gallery
17. The Factory
18. Ameobological Site
19. Localizing Ray Deflector
20. The Pharaoh Gravestone

EDIT...(Spider)

A .tap tape file has been built to compliment the supplied .z80 snapshot for convenience. This include a semi custom loading screen too. The file is fully editable via JSWED or similar if required.

Click here to download this file

#2 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

Actually a question, something I noticed when I built a tape file for it. Cavern #15 (well 16 in reality aka what was "The sixteenth cavern") does not have a name, its descriptor is empty. Was this intentional ? :unsure: :)

Changing order to chaos since 1984

#3 Ligan

Ligan

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:18 PM

Actually a question, something I noticed when I built a tape file for it. Cavern #15 (well 16 in reality aka what was "The sixteenth cavern") does not have a name, its descriptor is empty. Was this intentional ? :unsure: :)

Yes, it's supposed to be a bit of a parody of The Sixteenth Cavern's name by giving it an even less descriptive name ^_^.

#4 Spider

Spider

DEC (HL)

• Administrator
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

Yes, it's supposed to be a bit of a parody of The Sixteenth Cavern's name by giving it an even less descriptive name ^_^.

That makes sense now :D

As per the other topic where you replied you can edit 'download submission' this as its listed in your name if you require.

Changing order to chaos since 1984

#5 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

I've just posted this on the MM&JSW Yahoo Group; I thought it would bear repeating here:

With regard to an excerpt from Andrew Broad's list of quirky features:

> Stopping under Earth-cells by holding jump, while on a conveyor, e.g. to avoid vertical guardians > (e.g. "The Final Barrier" in the original MM, "Tree Root" and "Dr Jones will never believe this" > in the original JSW):

In all the above examples, this quirky feature can be put to useful effect by the player, to make the situation easier. However, it can also work to the disadvantage of the player. There are several examples in the game 'Manic Miner Hard' (recently uploaded by the author Ligan, over at jswmm.co.uk) where Willy can get stuck if he jumps up from, or onto, a conveyor which has an overhead Earth cell(s) two rows above it. The best example of this phenomenon can be found in the cavern knows as 'The VAT' (a reworking of the original cavern 'The Vat'). It is certainly a very 'taxing' level, with a great deal of 'added value' in terms of difficulty level!

Edited by IRF, 26 August 2017 - 12:25 AM.

#6 IRF

IRF

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

I've edited the first post in this thread (and the link to the download) to make it clear that 'Ligan' is the third party author, in accordance with his earlier confirmation that this is the case.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users